Wayne’s low carb, gluten free Banana Loaf
There ain’t no way this is going to see out the weekend. He made two so it might have a chance…no chance!!!
· 3 ripe bananas – 2 mashed and 1 sliced length wise the middle
· ¾ cup almond flour
· ¼ cup coconut flour
· ¾ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· 2 Tbls coconut oil, melted
· 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 3 eggs
· ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
· ½ cup walnuts chopped(optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC then line your loaf tin with greaseproof/parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a separate, bowl mash the banana’s then mix in mix in the eggs, coconut oil maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Fold the wet ingredient into the dry ingredients until a batter is formed. Fold in the chopped walnuts (optional).
5. Pour the batter into your lined loaf tin. Slice the banana length wise and lay on top. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top for decoration.
6. Bake for 45-50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool,
if you can and serve sliced with lashing of butter!!!
Will last up to 4 days in the fridge or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.